Five top tips on engaging Muslim consumers in Ramadan
Ramadan is a time of communications clutter for Muslim consumers, with brands spending huge proportions of their annual budgets during the month of fasting.
Here are five top tips on how you can cut through the background noise and make your brand heard.
1. Have a feel-good factor: spiritual but celebratory with glowing visuals
2. Emphasise collectivity and connectedness
3. Avoid slice-of-life montages, they are overdone for Ramadan
4. Avoid stereotypical imagery of prayer caps, rosaries, mosques, looking at crescents, upturned hands and so on
5. Freshen up Ramadan communications by injecting humour